Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
PROTECTING AGAINST WATER DAMAGE
Have you taken the time to take some precautions against water damage. As a SERVPRO franchise we often see homes and businesses impacted by water damage and there are step you can take to protect your valuable items.
First, kick those cardboard boxes to the curb! Store all valuables in plastic totes that snap shut. Christmas decor, family photos, important documents and much more can be saved with this simple step!
*Place items on shelving in your basement. Don't place boxes on the floor that contain important items to you.
*Take the time to scan in all important photos and documents that you have stored.
*These small steps can save you heartbreak if a water disaster occurs.
We see water damage on a daily basis and know that these things can really make a difference!! Take the time today!
#SERVPRO #teammoody #heretohelp
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (270) 796-8080
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.